Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles to launch new Converter Recognition Programme
- Created: 01 March 2016
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles are set to launch their new Converter Recognition Programme which recognises conversion specialists.
VW are launching the new scheme at the Commercial Vehicle Show taking place at the Birmingham NEC (26-28 April), making this the first time that the popular vehicle manufacturer has attended the show since 2011.
The new Converter Recognition Programme takes the existing Engineered for You and Engineered to Go schemes that Volkswagen currently offer and builds on them, ensuring that conversions on vehicles will meet operators’ specific needs and will help to widen the number of Volkswagen approved LCV conversions currently available.
Key features of the new programme are:
- Newer and more stringent converter audits that will underpin the quality of the product available,
- Customers are given access to a 'one stop shop' for converted vehicles, this way they only have to deal with the Van Centre,
- Customers will now only receive one invoice when purchasing their Commercial Vehicle via the Van Centre,
- The new programme stipulates that the conversion warranty must match that of the base vehicle offering greater piece of mind,
- Common conversions such as the Tipper, Luton and Fridge can be serviced and repaired in Van Centres rather than having to be returned to the converter.